I will preface this with the reality that is my skin is typically very clear. However, I still swear by these products because my skin has stayed clear throughout all of my teen years. My skin is dry to combination, and most of the time it agrees with me. The products I use are pretty versatile and I would say they could certainly be used on many different skin types. So without further ado, my skincare routines!
- Cetaphil – I use this gentle face cleanser to remove any make up I’m wearing. Every time I have bought them, I have gotten a pack of two. They last forever, and work really well for just getting all of that make up off, and I have found that it doesn’t sting your eyes. (That’s not saying to squirt it in your eyes because that’s probably not a good call).
- Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser – Once my skin is make up free, I use this cleanser to really clean my skin. This one smells nice, but doesn’t have a strong scent. The foaming is really fun and kind of just makes you feel cleaner. It definitely helps me feel really clean. I do this both morning and night.
- Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet – After using their foaming cleanser, I move on to Caudalie’s moisturizer. This one doesn’t leave my face feeling greasy, and I have had no negative side effects from using it. I love it. It also has a very nice, but subtle scent. It’s not my favorite moisturizer of all time (that would be the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion), but definitely up in the top 5.
- Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm – I won’t lie to you and say that this is a vital part of my routine, but I will say that using this I have noticed a difference. I use it because I have it because I normally wouldn’t spend over $60 on something that I really don’t feel like I need. However, this stuff works really well. I’ve noticed that the bags from lack of sleep seem to almost disappear when I use this. It also says to use it on your lips on the bottle, and I will say it makes my lips feel good. So this is more a “if you want” or “if it would help you” kind of step.
- Caudalie Instant Detox Mask – This mask I use about once a week. I use it after removing make up, but before any other steps. It definitely gives me that deep clean feel and I really like it. It also has a subtle but delightful scent. Overall, it is one of the better detox masks I have used. I wouldn’t recommend using it more than once in a week or at the very least multiple days in a row because too much use of this could potentially irritate your skin. (I know because I tried to do it two days in a row and my cheeks became bright red).
- Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask – I only use this mask when my face is in need of some serious hydration. I used it after all of my cleaning and usually as a replacement of whatever moisturizer I’m using, but if needed, before whatever moisturizer I’m using. This mask is so excellent. It smells so good and leaves your skin feeling so moisturized. You can use this mask as many times a week as you want, but with how often I use it, it has definitely lasted me a long time. I love this mask and definitely recommend it if you’re in need of some intense moisturizing. This works for my combination skin, but I have a feeling it would work even better for dry skin.
- Enkido Calming Moisture Lotion – This moisturizer doubles as a skin irritant soother. It works really well for its actual purpose and even better when used with Enkido’s Foaming Cleanser. I did use it with the cleanser for quite some time, but now I just use the lotion when my Cetaphil doesn’t quite get all of the make up off because it’s a gentle way to remove that excess make up. The ingredients are organic and it’s great for sensitive skin. I would definitely recommend this product for its actual use (with or without the cleanser) or using it the way I do.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea Tree Oil is really effective at getting rid of those stubborn acne spots. As you may know, I love the Plant Guru oils, so this is the one I would recommend. Use the tea tree oil daily until the spots go away. It definitely works and is a very natural way to do it.
- Aloe Vera Plant – You can buy one anywhere that sells plants really and if you’re lazy, you can even buy their gel. But Aloe Vera gel works very well for moisturizing seemingly impossible to hydrate skin in what seems like minutes and is so great for calming down any irritation. I love my Aloe Vera plant and Aloe Vera gel. They make my skin feel so nice. I swear it’s a miracle plant. And for those of you with “black thumbs,” like most succulents, Aloe Vera is pretty hard to kill so don’t be too concerned about that.
These products have all worked very well for me and are what I’m currently using. Again, my skin type is dry to combination, so some of these may not work as well for you. However, I would definitely say they’re all at least worth a try. Have fun on your skin care adventures!